Friday, September 27, 2013

The Search for Fall Boots

I have said it once and I will say it again, possibly several times, maybe even a hundred. I LOVE FALL! I am not sure what it is exactly, whether it is the changing of the leaves or the weather but it is my favorite season by far.

It is the only season where I seem to fully embrace my body and clothe it in something other than yoga capris and t-shirts.

As you can imagine, one of the things I enjoy most about fall are the clothing choices. Sweaters, skinny jeans and boots. To be honest, I also love a good pair of sweat pants and a hoodie. The only dilemma that I run in to is when I can't find some of my favorite clothing choices in my size. One may automatically think that I am talking about those sweaters or skinny jeans, but I am actually talking about boots.

The dilemma isn't that I can't find them in my shoe size, I can't find the right boot to adjust to my calves. I have a nice pair of slip on boots that have no problem going over my calves, but there was a time when they had a problem staying flat on the ground (i.e., I ended up on the ground twice in the same day).

Then a nice pair of boots once existed that actually zipped up and over my calves. The only problem with those were the fact that the one inch rubber heel seemed like it was deflating with every step. Who has a pair of boots where the heel seems to deflate then re-inflate, then deflate and re-inflate.

Lastly, there were a pair of boots where the heel did not seem to deflate then re-inflate but the only problem with those is the fact that I think the zipper might be screaming when it is approaching my calf. Don't get me wrong, they do zip all the way up when I am not tucking my jeans into them, but they could fit better. When it comes to tucking those jeans in, the zipper doesn't even stand a chance and a pair of long socks come into the mix to cover up the unzipped area.

My greatest wish for this Fall is to find a pair of boots that zip up comfortably over my calves when my jeans are tucked in to them and when they aren't. Once I find those, I feel that my boot collection will be complete... (for about a month or so).

No comments:

Post a Comment