Tuesday, August 27, 2013

C25K: Week 2

This week, I am continuing week 2 of C25K. I actually completed day 1 of week 2, last week and today was a continuation but all I can say is that 20 minutes in, I was sweating like I was running through the desert. There really isn't much difference in the weeks, aside from the fact that you are running and walking longer; everything else stays the same. You still alternate between running and jogging.

Initially, at the beginning, I have this approach, "I can do this, no matter what, I can do this" and when I hit that 18 to 20 minute mark I have this approach, "My legs feel like they are going to fall off, the burn so bad". Either way, my mind is focused on one thing and one thing only; checking another day off of the app.

Of course, after taking a week off, I knew that things were going to be a little difficult to get back in the swing of things, but I also know that if I keep my eyes focused on the prize, in this case actually being able to run / jog / walk a 5K then I should be alright.

I also have this new-found love for Panera and will admit that I eat from there a little too much (is that even possible?) during the week and although this is going to hurt me to write, I think I will be limiting my Panera intake to once a week, if that for the next couple of weeks because the sodium intake on my Panera eating days is outrageous.

Hopefully, it will be easier to do than it was to say (okay, it wasn't that bad to state what my plan is) but that also means that I have to come up with some new lunch items because right now my mind is burned out and the only thing I can think of for lunch is Panera's pick two.

Let's hope I get out of this 'can't think of anything to eat for lunch' rut pretty soon because if not, I don't know what I will do.

2 comments:

  1. I think pacing yourself isn't a bad idea. It's better than pushing yourself to an injury for sure. How did you find the first week? I've thought about giving it a go, but I just don't know if I'm there yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, pacing yourself is always better than pushing yourself. I found the first week to be entertaining. I say entertaining because the first day I surprised myself with how much I could do, then the second day I felt like my legs were going to give out and that they were almost made of lead, then the third day was essentially a combo of days 1 & 2. It definitely eased me into week 2. I did have to take an additional 5 minute break the first day, but I just paused the app, then resumed it when I felt that I was ready.

      I definitely think it is worth a try, simply because you can set your own pace. If you feel you need to do some of the days over you can, if you feel that you need to do the entire week over, you can and that is what I like about it. You control everything.

      So I say give it a try and see how you like it! I think you will really enjoy it!

      Delete