It has not only taken me longer to lose weight this year but my weight has also fluctuated multiple times on this journey. Aside from that, I have a real lack of energy at times and that makes it harder for me to get up and get moving. My lack of energy makes it even harder because I was able to lose the weight last year without working out.
There are times when I wish I could just eat and eat all day long and not gain any weight, but those are the same times that I realize I will never be able to do that. There are more times when I wish I could see my progress in a weeks time and not have to wait months for it.
Not only are these complaints, but they are frustrations that I am dealing with on a daily basis. I wish I could see results faster, I wish I could eat more and work out less and I also wish the weight would melt off and the muscle would build but I know that in order for that to happen, I have to work towards it. In order to work towards what I want to achieve, I have to figure out what I want to get out of this journey.
- By August 2014, I want to be in onederland; meaning I want to weigh in at 199 or less. Yes, that is a year from now but I need that time to knock out around 50 pounds (I did round that number up because I was 242 when I left for vacation and I know that I have to b in the mid to upper 240s now). To break that down a little, I would like to be down another 15 pounds by the time Christmas rolls around.
- I want to feel comfortable in a one piece swimsuit without the cover-up. I purchased several one piece swimsuits this year and wore them with bottoms but the point was I wore them. There was one day when I even ventured to the beach with only the one piece and a cover-up. The longer I am on this journey, I tell myself I need to take baby steps so I don't overdo it.
- I want to get rid of the majority of the muffin top. I have never liked having a muffin top and I can't imagine anyone who would wan't to have one. In the past, although I never wanted to have a muffin top, I never did anything about it. I just stated numerous times how much I disliked my muffin top. In order to get rid of it, I have to work on that area, which is proving to be one of my biggest problem areas.
- In addition to losing the muffin top, I want to lose the rolls in the back.
- I would love to see some definition in my arms. That would be a dream come true to see some sort of definition in my arms, from any angle, during any time of the day.
- I want to be down 2 pants sizes (eventually wearing anywhere between a 12 and 16) and one size in shirts.
- I also don't want to feel pressured by the numbers on the scale or get in a panic if I happen to have a cheat meal every once in a while.
These are just some of the goals that I want to achieve within the next year and as long as I keep a steady pace, I should achieve those goals but I have a feeling that I will achieve so much more just by staying committed for the next 12 months.