Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Recap and August Goals

It has been a while since I did a monthly reflection and since it has been a month since I started using Bob Harper's workouts, I figured it was as good a time as any to look back at the month of July and to also set some goals for August.

My goals for July were to:

  • Lose 2-3 pounds
  • Increase strength / pounds of weights 
  • Complete at least 40 push-ups in a minute
  • Lower my BMI
  • Lose 3 inches overall 
Now, on to how I did with those goals:
  • On June 29th (my initial weigh in for July 1st, since the 1st came in on a weekday) I weighed in at 245.5. On July 7th, I was up to 247 (I attribute that to weight training), but thankfully each week following my weight dropped.  June 13, 244.6; July 20th, 243.2; July 27th, 242. Looking at my highest weight compared to my lowest weight, I lost 5 pounds. Looking at my starting weight compared to my end weight, I lost 3.5 pounds. Either way, I reached my goal of loosing between 2 and 3 pounds. 
  • I maintained using 8 pound weights through the month, which I am fine with but I would still like to increase to 10 pound weights. 
  • As the DVDs in the collection progressed, the numbers of push-ups decreased With that being said, the most push-ups I completed in a minute this month was 30 (not too shabby in my opinion). 
  • At the start of the month my BMI was 38.4 and at my highest weight this month it was 38.7; at the end of the month, my BMI is 37.9, so I was successful in lowering that
  • I lost 1 inch from my bust, chest, waist, thighs and calves. If I add all of those inches together, I have lost 5 inches from my body all together.

I ended the month of July better than I thought I was going to, so I am pleased with that. But, I do want to keep this going and that means I can't slack off now.

For the month of August, my goals are to:

  • Lose 4 pounds  
  • Work my way up to using 10 pound weights
  • Lower my BMI
  • Lose 4 inches overall
  • Maintain a calorie deficit each day; with the exception of Sunday
  • Exercise at least 20 days out of the month 
  • Maintain good eating habits for the entire month
I am hoping that I finish August the same way but I can already tell that based on my upcoming schedule it will take a lot of dedication and commitment on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment