Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My Mind is Catching Up

After several months on this journey, it seems that my mind has finally caught up with my body. What do I mean by that? Now, when I go out to restaurants, I automatically search for the "lighter" options and choose a meal from there.

There is no more scanning through sandwiches and burgers, looking at fried foods or even thinking about dessert (okay, maybe I think about dessert once in a while but do not order it from a restaurant unless it is an extremely special occasion). My eyes go straight for lighter options because I finally realize that no good deed goes unrewarded. Making healthy choices in my mind, lets my body know that I am dedicated to taking care of it.

Here are just some of the restaurants that feature lighter options:

  • Longhorn Steakhouse
  • Ruby Tuesday
  • Mimi's Cafe
  • Red Lobster
  • Tripps
  • Olive Garden
  • Chilli's
  • And more! 

There are times when I wish I could eat anything on the menu, not have to worry about counting calories or exercising and the weight would still come off; but sadly, I know that is just a dream that may not come true one day. 

For the past 5 days, I have eaten key lime pie every night. Without even thinking, I pre-logged it in MFP for the entire week because I was determined to eat it. This all started when I was at the store and saw that it was cheaper for me to purchase the whole pie versus purchasing the individual 2 pack. What was I thinking. It hit me a few minutes ago that I was sabotaging myself. I can honestly say that I am ashamed at what I was doing. 

The only good in this is that I have taken the key lime pie out of my diary for the next two days and have decided to get rid of the pie. This is the first time that I have ever been ashamed to admit that I have eaten something that I wanted on this journey.

No one can tell me that food isn't an addiction. Before my key lime pie addiction, I was eating chocolate pudding which was only 90 calories, yet I gave that up for pie which is 450 calories; what was I thinking and why was I consciously sabotaging my own success. Simple answer, I don't know. I was staying well under my daily calories (finishing the day with over 550 calories each day) yet I was consciously making the decision to eat something that is no good for me.

I don't know what was going on with me for the past 5 days but it ends today. This useless eating of desserts (other than the 90 calorie pudding) is over, I have come to far to turn back now and I refuse to do so. The only reason that it is hitting me now is because my brain is finally catching up to my body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment