Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Trigger Foods

Here is a list of my trigger foods. These are the foods that tempt me the most, almost as if they are calling my name when I am no where near them. But, they are also foods that I try to eat in moderation. Alone, they probably aren't the worst foods to be eaten but when combined with other foods, they can be high in calories. The reason these foods are my trigger foods is because once I think of them, it triggers something in my mind that doesn't rest until I have eaten it and still doesn't rest if there is more around.

  • Brownies / cupcakes 
  • Devils food cake with chocolate icing 
  • Birthday cake
  • Ice cream
  • Key lime pie
  • Breads (rolls, biscuits, etc.), pasta / rice, potatoes (baked, fried, french fries, etc.), etc.
It seems that my trigger foods are mainly sweets and the more I try to get them out of my system the more I want them. I know I will never give up ice cream and it will probably remain on this list forever, but that is something I am fine with.  Although small at this point, this list will steadily grow and it may even shrink as time goes on. 

2 comments:

  1. Your list isn't as long as mine, that's good. It's crazy though how food has so much control over us. I'm trying to get to the point where I have some of that control back, but I'm just not there yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I know that I will continue to add to this list and take away from this list but if I want to gain control over anything; I have to see it in writing and making a list was the best thing to do.

      Delete