Monday, July 22, 2013

Low to No Carb Continued

When I made the decision to go low to no carb, I had no idea what would happen. Was I going to crash and burn after 2 days or was I going to make it the entire week. Would I be able to give up carbs or was I going to sneak one or two in? There were so many questions I had that I knew needed to be answered, but I couldn't answer them ahead of time.

I did make it to the end of the week and other than cereal, I only had half a slice or bread and a couple tablespoons of rice during the week. I was proud of my week when I finally made it to the end. I will admit that it was hard (if you have read all of my other posts, you already know that) and I have never missed carbs more until I cut them out of my diet. I have had the most intense cravings for a cheeseburger and fries and I will be eating that this weekend or next weekend. The only reason I don't feel bad about doing so is because I would have cut out carbs during the week.

The funny thing is, this past weekend I was able to reason with myself and convince myself that I didn't need to have a roll at lunch, I could have a piece of cake (and have a piece of cake I did, I had two pieces of cake; although one piece would have equaled a half of piece) and a little ice cream.

It seems that my body has adjusted to not eating certain foods. Although I have cravings for certain carbs, once I start eating them, I can't eat a lot of them because my mind tells me that I am getting full.

The point of this post is that it is funny how our body reacts to different things. You cut certain foods out of your system and your body no longer misses them or gets full off of them easily. You incorporate more exercise into your routine and your body becomes stronger and manages to do things you didn't think it could. Small changes can lead to great results. Cutting out certain foods here and there can lead to so much more.

I plan on keeping my (extremely) low to no carb regimen going for the next week and a half (until the end of July) to see how I do. There will be days when I make the decision to eat a carb then there will be days where I continue to eat no carbs, mainly because I know I won't be cutting carbs out of my system for the rest of my life. I am just letting my body know that it doesn't need carbs every day to function and even when carbs are entering my system, they should only be eaten in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment