My goals for the month of July are to:
- Lose 2 - 3 pounds. Last week I focused on strength training which resulted in a gain on the scales (they do say muscle weighs more than fat so I am hoping that is what was going on). I still want to see a loss on the scale. Although a loss in weight doesn't mean as much as a loss in inches, it is still nice to see the numbers go down.
- Increase strength / pounds of weights. Last week I was using 5 pound free weights, at the end of the week I moved up to 8 pound weights. By the end of July I would love to be moving up to 10 pounds free weights.
- Complete at least 40 push-ups in a minute. I could never do a proper push-up. I am even known to modify the "girl version" but lately I have been getting better. I am not able to do about 30 push-ups in a minute and that is with keeping my knees on the ground and my back and butt level. That's progress right there.
- Lower my BMI. I plan on investing in a new scale that measures weight, BMI and water weight which will help me in the long run when it comes to accurately measuring my numbers.
- Lose 3 inches overall. It doesn't matter from where, but, I would love to lose at least 3 inches altogether.
Better late than never with these goals, I think I can still make some progress if I keep focused and continue with what I am doing.