Friday, July 19, 2013

Week In Review

On Wednesday, I wrote about my goals and how they were coming along so far. I should have known that if I spoke too soon, I would jinx myself. Although, I did in fact jinx myself, I am pretty impressed with how my week has gone.


  • Exercise - I missed one day of exercising this week, yesterday to be exact. I don't know what was going on with my body but it was so tired and I had absolutely no energy at all. I started my workout but my body just wasn't following along with what my mind wanted to do. I am not terribly upset about missing one day of exercise, because I have finished each day with over 525 calories.
  • Calorie deficit - As I mentioned above, each day this week I have finished my days with over 525 calories. Essentially, I have not been eating back any of my exercise calories this week. I avoid eating back any of my exercise calories by adding them at the end of the day.
  • Low to no carbs - other than cereal, I only had two carbs this week. Half of a club sandwich on Wednesday and about 1/4 cup of hibachi rice yesterday. For me, that is beyond impressive because I do love my carbs. Yesterday, I had the biggest craving for a cheeseburger and french fries, I still do at this point, but I have placed that on my no eating list because of the carbs and I want to actually succeed at going very low to no carbs. 
  • Water - my water intake has greatly improved this week mainly because it is so hot outside and I have been pushing myself harder in my workouts. 
  • Lose at least 1.2. pounds - I would definitely hope that I see a loss on the scale this week. Especially since I have been doing intense cardio with a little strength training mixed in. 
Although this week seems like it dragged on, I am just glad that it is Friday and the weekend is ahead of me. Tomorrow is definitely going to be a much needed rest day because my body is tired and it definitely needs to rest. Aside from my body needing to rest, my muscles need time to repair themselves.

Everyday I am feeling better about myself and that is proof that my journey is moving in the right direction. I still have a long way to go but it will be more than worth it when I get to the finish line. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kari, it sounds like you are doing well on your journey. Your goals are reasonable and doable, best wishes. The water will be important with the heat and your exercise. Feeling sluggish or sore can be signs of dehydration. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. This heat has been outrageous this week and it doesn't seem like it has any plans on letting up so water is definitely every where I go! Have a great weekend as well!!

      Delete
  2. Your workouts are very intense and since you exercise hard for days at a time, I can see your body letting you know it needs a little break. You're doing really good with your meals and water, so I wouldn't worry about missing a day or two of working out. Relax and enjoy the downtime... take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter what, your body is the best indicator of what is working and what isn't. It took me a while to listen to my body but I am glad that I finally did. Back to those intense workouts next week though.

      Delete