Friday, July 5, 2013

Week In Review

I can say, this week has been a very good week for me. I truly am proud of what I have accomplished this week and although I have a long road ahead of me, I know that if I keep pushing myself like I did this week, everything should fall into place.

Here is how my week went:

  • Exercise / Weekly Weigh In - I have put in 5 days of exercise this week alone which is something to be proud of and it is only Friday! This week I completed Bob Harper's Pure Burn / Super Strength and it focused mainly on weight lifting in addition to cardio. I am pretty nervous for my weigh in tomorrow since I have been lifting weights all week. I would have been fine with a gain, because it would have been a gain in muscle but I would have also been fine with a loss. If I do have a gain, I won't be stressing it because of the muscle build. Here is a break down of my calories this week via MyFitnessPal. My weekly goal of exercise minutes is 120, this week alone I have completed 331 minutes. My calories burned goal is 1,090 and this week alone I have burned 2,184. 


  • Water - My water intake has definitely improved this week and I owe it all to my intense workout sessions. Either way I look at it, I am getting water in, which is what I have needed all along. 
  • Balanced Eating - My eating has been all over the place this week. For the most part my eating during my main meals was balanced but I had a strong craving for brownies on Monday and I can never eat one brownie and be done with them, I have to "help" eat them until they are gone. It is a bad habit and one that I am keeping under check. On the other hand I did pretty good with my eating yesterday. Unfortunately I left my turkey burgers in the house, so they never made it out to the grill so I chose to eat a hamburger and will be fixing my turkey burgers tonight. Other than the burger swap, I stuck to my spaghetti salad and a small helping of baked beans. I was surprised that I didn't have a taste for a hot dog, but I will admit that I enjoyed some fried chicken wings. Dessert was on another level, I am not ashamed to admit that I did enjoy a small (so small it was gone in 3 bites) helping of apple pie and blue bell ice cream, a cupcake and small slice of key lime pie. The only reason I am not ashamed to admit what I ate is because I have worked hard during my workout this week and it wasn't like I spend every day eating like that. 


I definitely have a long way to go but July is off to a very good start and I plan to keep it going like that. I have made more progress this week than I have in a while and although I won't be celebrating that just yet, I feel that good things are waiting for me as long as I keep pushing myself to be the best I can be.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you killed it this week! You definitely have good things waiting for you, especially if you keep working this hard!

    ReplyDelete