Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rituals

Yesterday on MyFitnessPal, I asked whether or not other members had rituals before they weighed in. When it came to answers, I had no idea what to expect but I was surprised when some of the answers I received closely mirrored some of my own.

When it comes to the day before a weigh in I try to eat lightly. Not a lot of carbs and essentially, nothing to heavy that I feel groggy or bloated afterwards. I have noticed that in the past, if I consumed a heavier meal on a Friday, I wasn't prone to losing much weight, if I lost any. Therefore, I try to eat heavier meals on Monday through Thursday.

I also make sure I use the bathroom (TMI moment over). You would be surprised to realize how much of a difference it makes, and essentially how much water can weigh in your body. As an experiment, one day I weighed myself no sooner than I rolled out of bed then again after I went to the bathroom and you guessed it, there was a significant difference in how much I weighed; about 1 pound to be exact. I am constantly trying to drink water and I know that overnight water is retained and I know that I need to get it out (another TMI moment unfortunately) as soon as I can before I weigh in

Refrain from alcohol for the entire week. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a drink every week nor every other week but when I do it is always on a Saturday evening / night. Mainly because I have already weighed in and I can enjoy the beverage without wondering how much weight it will put on me by the time my feet hit the scale.

I also wear the same exact thing every time I weigh in; that way I can be sure that I am getting a consistent reading on the scale.

These are the rules that I stick to every single week I am on this journey and they have helped me in the past and I hope they continue to help me in the future as this journey progresses.



No comments:

Post a Comment