Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What I'm Doing Now

I don't like structured repetitive actions. I never have and I doubt that I ever will. The same goes with working out. I ended my gym membership in June and since then I have been focusing on working out at home with the help of DVDs, but that gets pretty mundane after awhile.

I love my DVDs but they feature the same structured repetitive actions and it starts to not only take a toll on my body but it takes one on my nerves as well. Therefore, I have been contemplating on what exercises I should complete next on my journey. I narrowed it down to Tae Bo (I know another DVD) and the Couch to 5K (C25K) app.

Yesterday, I started C25K and I am in no way a runner but I am not exactly coming straight from the couch. The app breaks everything down and really makes you want to push yourself for the full length of time. Yesterday I did a brisk five minute warm-up walk, followed by alternations of jogging for 60 seconds and 90 seconds of walking followed by a five minute cool down.

There are tones that alert you so you know when to walk or run, as well as a "female announcer" who does the same.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first day and can't wait to get back out there this evening. This program runs for 9 weeks which means I should finish up around mid October if I stay successful and stick with this everyday.

I am pretty sad that it only runs 3 days out of the week, but I will probably just repeat two days so I can get in 5 days of cardio on the weeks when I want to push myself a little more.

I will post updates as the weeks progress and also continue to post my workout results and scale pictures on Instagram.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Just came across this blog and looking forward to reading more - as far as workouts at home go, you should check out Cassey Ho on You Tube. She also has a website, www.blogilates.com where she provides you with a new workout calendar every month telling you which of her workouts to do. You never get bored since there are 100's of workouts and they are only about 10 minutes long; she gives you 4 or 5 to do everyday. She's super high energy and has been a major inspiration for me, you should check her out! YOu can find her on You Tube by searching for blogilates. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving this information. I follow someone on Instagram who has completed the blogilates workouts and I was tempted to ask her where to find them so this is right on time. Also, welcome to my blog; feel free to join and follow me on Twitter and Instagram!

      Delete