Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It Only Took A Photo

It took a picture on Facebook to kick me in the rear and get me back on track. Last night was spirit night for my Relay for Life team and our community manager (who loves taking pictures) came by one of our tables and asked if we would mind having our picture taken and if we didn't mind, would we mind having it on Facebook.

I am not the type of person who processes compliments on command. People always tell me that I am photogenic but the photos that they are taking and or seeing are normally from the chest up. It wasn't until last night that I saw, before my own two eyes, that when I sit down to take a picture and have my hands in my lap, I look like I am nine months pregnant!

I just looked at that picture and was in utter disbelief. I know cameras add 10 pounds but it seems that these new HD cameras add about 20 pounds! It's either that or that is truly what I look like sitting down.

Either way, that photo inspired me in my workout this evening. I am on my fourth week (I can't believe it) of The Biggest Loser's Cardio Max workout and during my 40 minute session, my goal has been to burn 400 calories. I came close to that one day last week when I burned 397 but it wasn't until today (and seeing that photo) that I burned 401 calories.

That has been the greatest workout achievement I have had since starting the Biggest Loser workout series and I pushed myself harder that I ever have today because of that photo. One day, I hope to use that photo as my before and take another one sitting down as my after (one where I don't look like I am pregnant and ready to go into labor at any moment).

Small things can lead to something bigger. That picture (something small) is going to lead to something bigger (more motivation and determination to change) and although it will take some time, I am eager to see what comes next.


No comments:

Post a Comment