Thursday, June 6, 2013

Rest Days

One thing I have to learn on this journey is that rest days are acceptable and necessary on a weight loss journey. I have trouble working out for 'X' amount of days then having an unexpected rest day. I feel like it throws my entire schedule off. On the other hand, my body needs those rest days because my muscles need a time to rest.

It is taking me a little longer than I would like to adjust to this but everything takes time and above all it takes patience. This week I have worked out for 3 straight days and gave my all yesterday so I shouldn't feel to bad about taking this rest day but I know that I cannot have too many because it becomes hard to get back on track.

Tomorrow I am supposed to start doubling up on my workouts anyways, so I hope to make up for this unexpected rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment