Saturday, June 29, 2013

Weigh In Day

This week I did a little experiment of my own. I wanted to see how my body would react at my weekly weigh in if I didn't exercise for the week (the only day I exercised was on Monday). I wanted to see if I would lose, gain or maintain my current weight. My allotted calories through MFP are enough to allow me to lose weight as long as I stay under those calories each day.

This week I lost 0.8 pounds. My running average for the past two weeks has been losing 1 pound per week. That means MFP is right, the calories I am allotted each week, still allow me to lose weight even if I don't exercise. I may have lost a pound if it wasn't for all of those french fries I was eating yesterday, but the main thing is that I still lost something.

Total loss this week: 0.8 pounds
Total loss since the start of this journey: 17.6 pounds

Head over to the progress page to see how my measurements changed from the beginning of the month to the end!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering how that was going to work. Thanks for sharing your results. When you mentioned french fries, I thought of a picture that I'm going to use on tomorrow's post about cravings... you'll see. Oh and congrats on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't know what was going to happen at the end of the week but a loss is still a loss. It does seem that working out produces a greater loss of weight than simply counting calories. Can't wait to read the post!

      Delete