- Exercise - I have decided to cancel my gym membership. Mainly because during the month of May, I may have gone to the gym 3 times. Other than that my days were full and didn't leave time to drive to the gym and still fit everything into my day. I have found that I do okay working out at home and although I don't have access to every machine in the gym, I have my Biggest Loser DVDs and I am looking for a bike so I can ride around in my back yard (I might as well put all that space to good use) or use the bike trail (my county spent millions, also known as that good ole' tax payers money, on a bike trail and I have only walked on it once - we've had it for years). Therefore, I am focusing on working out at home. Through my university I have access to their gym (yes, at the current moment I belong to two gyms) and they have better stuff than my more local gym so I will stick with that and then decide what needs to be done after graduation.
- Water - It is hot out and I need to drink more water. I need to drink as much as my body will allow. I did very well yesterday, taking down at least 4 bottles, but as always, I can do better.
- Stop useless snacking - Lately I have gotten to the point that on the weekends I tend to eat what I want and tell myself that I will make up for it later. That eating includes useless snacking which needs to stop as well. I can be a little more lenient with myself on the weekends but not as lenient as I have been.
- Focus on 'round' eating - I always told myself that I needed to log everything to be successful and that may be true because it has helped me so far. One thing I can do is focus on eating round meals. Incorporating more fruits and vegetables into my meals gives me useful calories that I need and those are calories that I don't mind filling up on.
- Be thankful - I have lost 15 pounds so far on this journey. I have struggled to lose the same 3 pounds for the last month or so and while my highest weight loss has been around 17 pounds I tend to gain a couple of those pounds back so my weight fluctuates. I am thankful for how far I have come on this journey and I know that I have a ways to go but I can do it as long as I stay motivated and continue to have a great support system.
Sunday, June 9, 2013
Unfortunately I had two unexpected rest days for the week. I know that is not something to beat myself up about but I was doing so well when it came to working out that I don't like taking days off when I don't need to. This week my goals pertain to getting back on track.