Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Own Worst Enemy

I have no idea what is going on with me this week. I wrote down my weekly goals, identical to the ones I had last week, in hopes that I would continue on the right path. For some reason, this week is getting off to a rocky start.

I tried to squeeze in my workout yesterday because the only way that I will see results is to do the work. I stopped my workout early because I did have a deadline to meet. I told myself that I would double up my workouts today in hopes to take care of yesterday and today. Unfortunately, my Polar FT7 was not on the same page that I was. I had to restart my HRM at least 3 times because it would not register my heart rate.

Each time I paused my workout, reset my watch, started my watch and started my workout. A minute later, I had the same problem. It got to be so frustrating that I stopped my workout and vowed that I would continue tomorrow, especially since each day I completed at least 20 minutes of the workout I was doing.

Time is working against me, my workload is getting heavier and the deadlines keep coming. I am losing my appetite for a lot of foods, which means I eat things because I have to get the calories in and a lot of times they are not the healthiest things. By the time I start eating, I no longer want all of the meal and only eat half of it.

Maybe it is because I have so much on my plate that my mind is not staying focused on one activity. I am vowing that tomorrow I will restart my week and really buckle down to follow and reach my goals. I have come too far to turn around now and this journey is something I knew was going to be rough. I would reach plateaus, I would gain, I would lose, I would have cravings, I would lose taste for foods and so on.

Hopefully, tomorrow will change things because it is a new day and I have so much to look forward to on this journey. I like losing weight and in order to continue doing that, I have to stay focused and make time for what needs to be done.

I want to leave on a quote that explains what is going on with me at the moment. I am my own worst enemy and I need to stop that.

"As long as man stands in his own way, everything seems to be in his way" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment