Saturday, June 8, 2013

Weigh In Day

I have struggled to lose the same 4 pounds for over a month now. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am obviously doing something wrong. Maybe it isn't enough calories, maybe it is too many calories. Maybe I am building muscle in the process and the weight will come off later. There are so many factors that may contribute to this but I have yet to figure out what they are or the best way to approach them.

Today's weigh in revealed a 2.4 pound gain. To date, this may be one of my largest gains (if not the largest) that I have had on this journey. There are plenty of reasons why this 2.4 pound gain should bother me but then there are plenty of reasons why I am not surprised.

I have to ask myself a series of questions. Was my eating under control this week? How was my exercise? Did I truly monitor my calories or just take an estimated guess? What about beverages, they can pack some calories too. Should I or shouldn't I be eating my exercise calories? Do I need to do protein shakes after I workout? There are so many questions that I have to ask myself that pertain to this gain.

I am not surprised that there was a gain, I just never thought it would be this significant. On weeks where I lose over 1 pound (like last week) my next weeks weigh in is almost always a gain. I don't think I have ever had two weeks where my weight went down by significant numbers.

It will take some serious thinking to figure out why this is happening and to also figure out how I can continue to lose weight each week versus have a battle with losing and gaining, then losing and gaining.

Total loss/gain for the week: +2.4 pounds
Total loss/gain for the month: +1.2 pounds (+2.4 gain this week - 1.2 loss last week)
Total loss since the start of this journey: 14.8 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment