Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Finding New Things

Whenever I start a new program (such as this one), there are certain foods that I try to avoid; mainly heavily greasy or fried foods. Yet, there are times when I have a craving for foods and it is better that I get it out of my system by eating a small portion versus thinking about it forever and then pigging out on it later.

So far, I have avoided all fried foods since starting this program. It is not necessarily because those items have been presented to me and I have denied them, it's just that they don't appeal to me anymore.

Lately, I have been keeping my breakfast items pretty simple. English muffins, boiled eggs and bacon or cereal. I also enjoy Eggo waffles (low fat, nutri-grain) and turkey sausage. Thanks to a trip to IHOP (in which I was freaking out trying to determine what to eat when I realized that they still had the Simple and Fit menu items) I discovered that I now enjoy turkey bacon.

Some people feel strange about turkey products, but I love turkey burgers, turkey sausage and now turkey bacon.

Lunch and Dinner have been pretty easy too. I keep tuna packets on hand for a quick lunch as well as salad mix. As previously mentioned, I enjoy turkey burgers and sometimes will incorporate pork chops (although not my favorite) into the mix. Ont top of that, I also enjoy fresh fish.

I have always enjoyed these foods and the fact that they are actually healthy for you is a bonus. I have also discovered that planning meals in advance is a big help. At the start of the day I am able to lay everything out and don't feel guilty when I have to make amendments. It's also nice to incorporate new foods into my meal planning to see what I will enjoy (and try again) and what I may not enjoy (but feel it is worth a try).

Sometimes, you just have to take a step out on a limb and you will find new things that you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment