Sunday, January 13, 2013

Snacks

Prior to starting this journey, I can confirm that I had a serious snacking addiction. When I walked by food, it intrigued me and I had to have a snack at that moment. Since starting this journey on January 2, my snacking habit has died down quite a bit. I normally eat one snack between breakfast and lunch. For the last week, that mid-morning snack has been Mariani California Almonds (honey roasted, yes I know - not as healthy as plain ones). For me, I focus on caloric intake (not necessarily other numbers, although they do come into consideration) and that is what helps me determine what I am and am not going to eat. 

These almonds (a half an ounce) have only 80 calories. Essentially they are a food that I do not feel guilty about eating. When it comes to other snacks, I enjoy yogurt, fresh fruit or fiber one bars (fiber one also makes delicious brownies). 

By focusing on what I am eating, I have had a better handle on the foods that I consume and have not had a flare up of the serious snacking addiction. My snacks are kept to a minimum and my food intake is monitored. Caloric expenditure is also important to me (its the only way to drop these pounds, something I will highlight on in a later post). 

Now, I no longer feel guilty about snacking on foods, especially when they are healthy foods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment