Thursday, January 17, 2013

Walking the Distance

One of the benefits of attending a large university is that your classes tend to be spread out, which means more walking. For the past two days I have had to travel approximately 10 minutes on foot (through a park, crossing several streets) just to get from one of my classes to the other. Instead of looking at this as a challenge, I look at it as a reward. I am rewarding my body with exercise.

While this may not be the same type of exercise that I would have received had I gone to the gym, it is still something. More importantly, it is something that my body will benefit from. Yes, taking that 10 minute stroll in the pouring down rain hasn't been fun this week, but looking on the bright side, I walked faster to get out of the rain and therefore I burned more calories.

This is just one of the benefits of attending a larger college, more walking distance and more opportunities to burn calories during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment