Monday, January 7, 2013

Useful Tools

In the past I have used some very useful to help me achieve small (but effective) weight loss goals. This time around I plan on utilizing one of the same tools and incorporating a new one.

Lose It!, which is available on the web and as an app, is a weight loss app that helps you track your caloric intake as well as expenditure. It also allows you to add in foods from various restaurants. It has been extremely helpful to me in the past.

One of the new devices that I will be incorporating in my new program is the Fitbit Zip. The Fitbit Zip is essentially a pedometer but can sync up to Lose It! if you spend 39.99 for the premium Lose It! upgrade.

So far it has taken me some time to adjust to the Fitbit Zip because it measures caloric expenditure even if you are not up an active. After a few adjustments (i.e., turning off the caloric expenditure function) I have enjoyed using the device. As time goes on, I will be able to give a better update.

No comments:

Post a Comment