Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cheat Day

Have you ever had those days when you wish you could eat what you could and you wouldn't gain any weight? Have you ever had those days where you wish all your favorite junk foods were actually healthy? Have you ever had those days when you just wanted to eat something to get it out of your system?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, you know how I was feeling today. Today was officially the first cheat day I have had since I have been on this journey. Friday was my Grandmothers birthday (I am so blessed to have her in my life as well as my grandfather who will be having a birthday on Tuesday, more about him in a later post) and today we finally got around to cutting the birthday cake today (her favorite is coconut). I have never been one for coconut (after a horrible experience with it) but I can never resist a cake that my mother has baked.

I do not remember what my total caloric intake was for today (although I know I was under my allotted calories) but today I knew that although it was my cheat day, my body wouldn't allow me to go over my calories.

My breakfast filled me up, my dinner filled me up more than I thought it would and my snack (a light meal) was filling. The cake and butter pecan ice cream (1/2 cup is only 100 calories) were just the icing on the cake (no pun intended). Therefore, today I can officially say that today was my cheat day and I have finally gotten it out of my system and am back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment