Friday, February 8, 2013

Expectations

This week I am not sure what to expect when it is time to weigh-in tomorrow. I have managed my foods better (making healthier choices when it comes to eating) but I have been eating my dinner later at night for the past few days (due to prior obligations during the day). I would love to jump on the scale tomorrow and see that I had lost a pound or two, I would even be grateful with losing a few ounces; but this weight loss journey is like a roller coaster, there will be ups (losing weight in this case) and lows (gaining weight, potentially through muscle) that we have to endure.

I don't expect much of a change, in reality I either expect to have lost a pound or gained 0.4 ounces. I am not sure why those numbers are sticking out to me, but they are.

I feel better this week, strange to say, I actually feel smaller. I am not sure if that is possible or not but it is how I feel. Any loss on the scale is welcome tomorrow, so I am just hanging on for the ride to see what the numbers reveal.

This is a picture I posted on Instagram and I felt that it was worth posting on here as well. Even if we fall off of this journey slightly, it is never too late to start the day over and start making changes.



1 comment:

  1. You know what, I have come to realize that if I worry too much about what the scale is going to say, I tend to gain weight. I think it has to do something with the psychological aspect of losing weight. I would not be overly concerned about what the scale says tomorrow, you have come so far and are doing so well. Remember though, you had to have eating 3,500 extra calories this week to gain 1 lb. So if you don't think you did that then chances are you may have lost something.

    Keep up that mindset that you feel amazing and you feel smaller. It is not strange, it is an awesome feeling to have because you are starting to really notice the changes in your body.

    ReplyDelete