Thursday, February 7, 2013

In a Day

While I was scrolling through my Twitter feed I came across a tweet from Steve Harvey; the tweet (which I have re-tweeted) said:
This was the most appropriate tweet for those on a weight loss journey that I have seen all day. We have to have an appreciation for the journey that we are on. This will not be an overnight success but a lot of things can change in a day.

In a day we can realize how bad we really want this; we want to lose weight and get in shape for so many different reasons. In a day we can start to amend what we eat. In a day we can realize that we truly love the gym and can't wait to get back there. In a day we can find motivation online (through social media, these blogs, etc.). In a day we can realize that after weeks of cutting back what we eat, working out and counting calories our hard work is finally paying off because we are losing weight and inches.

 In a day we can finally come to appreciate the journey that we are on.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a true quote! I was at the gym tonight and was wearing a fitting workout top and pants. While looking at myself, I could not believe how great I look at 45 lbs lost. While I still have a while to go on my weight loss journey, I am looking forward to my journey of maintaining the weight when I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MissAshley, I think this tweet came at the right time because if we ever feel like this journey is not worth it we have to look at the bigger picture and realize that it is worth it and we have to learn to appreciate that this is definitely a journey.

    ReplyDelete