Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Staying Motivated

It wasn't until yesterday (when I realized that I was suffering from my own version of a carb overload) that I realized in order to succeed on this weight loss journey, I had to stay motivated. I had to continue to push myself to be the best that I could be and today I did just that while in the gym.

Today was the first day that I have put in close to 45 minutes at the gym doing the treadmill and the elliptical. I spent about 33 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the elliptical (this was my version of a cool down). I love the treadmill (I know I have said that about a thousand times) and one thing that helps me pass the time is watching television shows on my tablet while I am working out. While on the elliptical (and sometimes on the treadmill), I catch up on re-runs of Boy Meets World.

I had an invigorating experience on the elliptical and I hope to increase my time to 24 minutes on Friday (that way I get a full hour, 36 minutes on the treadmill and 24 on the elliptical). Getting back into the gym today just furthered my motivation on this journey. It takes time and patience but I know it will be worth it.

1 comment: