Monday, February 11, 2013

Confidence

Today my daily devotional talked about confidence. Although it was discussing confidence in Christ, I felt that it could also be related to a weight loss journey.

Some people don't have confidence when they start a weight loss journey and I can relate to those individuals. For many, they gain confidence as their weight loss journey progresses. Confidence can come in different forms; confidence in exercising, confidence in how you look, etc. I for one never had a high level of confidence because for years if you were overweight you were also an outcast to the world.

It wasn't until I started exercising, watching what I was eating and actually taking care of myself that my level of confidence went up. I talk more in class, I talk more to the people in my class because I feel better about myself and because I am finally taking care of myself.

Therefore, I think that confidence is related to a weight loss journey. If you don't feel comfortable (i.e., you are overweight, feel like a social outcast, etc.) then you don't have a high level of confidence; when you feel good about your self (i.e., losing a few pounds, fitting into your favorite swimsuit, etc.) your confidence definitely goes up.

As long as you are confident in your body and feel good about yourself, don't worry about what society says, your confidence is determined by your own happy nature.

1 comment:

  1. Confidence is an amazing thing to possess in today's society. I know for me, I have never been confident in the sense of my body as a whole. Intellectually, I am very confident and carry myself as so to hide my insecurities of my body.

    Since losing the weight I have, I am so much more confident than I ever have been. No longer am I hiding behind my brains but I can show off my good looks. I am anxious to see how my body will continue to progress and shape in to and see how different my confidence is in the end!

    ReplyDelete