Saturday, February 2, 2013

Weigh-In Day

There are times when I believe I can sense things and whether or not they did or did not occur. Last night I sensed that I did not lose a pound despite my hard work in the gym. Stepping on the scale this morning, it was revealed that I did not lose any pounds, but gained 0.4 ounces.  Some people might get discouraged by seeing that, but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

This journey won't be getting any easier and I am fine with that, I just need to amend my eating habits a little more. After all, I was eating those ice cream cups like there was no tomorrow. I have also noticed that I was consuming bagels from Einstein Bros. at least 2 (this week 3) times a week and the nearest one to me is 35 minutes away on my college campus!

This is part of my problem, I eat to consume calories so I am closer to my goal. This month I had already planned to go light on the carbs and I think I will stick to that (I like to change it up from month to month). When I look at it, I don't have to eat bread, I will be content without it. I love vegetables so I should have no problem eating meat and veggies.

For clarification purposes, I won't be giving up carbs forever, just reducing the amount of them I eat. I have found that I eat a lot of pointless carbs just to fill my plate and it doesn't have to be like that. If I eat sensibly then it can make a world of difference.

Going at this journey alone is no fun but it is always great to have "virtual" motivation from those on Lose It! and those who read this blog.

I don't look at this as a setback, I look at it as motivation to amend what I eat and keep up the hard work.

Weight loss to date: 8.2 pounds (that includes the 0.4 ounce gain). 


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the gain, but you should be so proud that you haven't let it discourage you! That in itself is an achievement. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @RylieEllen thanks for the comment, I said the 0.4 ounce gain as a challenge to lay off of the ice cream and bagels for a while :) and to switch up my workout routine.

    ReplyDelete