Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Lent Plans


Today marks an important day for many people; it also marks a big day for those who may be on a weight loss journey. Today is the first day of Lent. I believe that if you want to participate in Lent (no matter your religion) you should.

This year I am determined that I will see Lent all the way through. Normally I make it a week (if that) before all my plans go out the door. This time, I am going to try and make it the full 40 days. One thing that I am going to do is modify my version of Lent to focus on spiritual well-being as well as physical well-being.

This year (for Lent), I have vowed to:
  • Eat carbs in moderation (I love vegetables so that should be no problem, it will take some getting used to and will definitely be an adjustment. By me eating carbs in moderation, I am essentially saying that I vow to watch my intake and give up most breads, rice, potatoes, etc. Having a piece of toast once a week won't kill me, etc.)
  • Read my daily devotional daily (that's what it is meant for and I need to read it daily)
  • Drink more water (since I have gotten a new CAMELBAK eddy, I love drinking water more than ever).
Last but certainly not least, I vow to continue to thank God for all that he has done for me in life and on this weight loss journey. Without him, none of this would be possible. 

Ironically enough, my daily devotional topic today was titled “Begin Again” and this couldn’t come at a better time. If you have fallen off track use today (and the next 39 days) to begin again, start over and get back in the swing of things. 

1 comment:

  1. I am totally in for Lent! I gave up all processed freezer foods since I am addicted to french fries. I added in weight training 3x a week and also reading the daily devotional for Lent. Day 1 is good to go.

    I always enjoy Lent because it is a time where we can "restart" and I try to do that with any food that I typically over indulge in so that I can have a clean break.

    ReplyDelete