Saturday, February 16, 2013

Weigh-In Day

Those three words in the picture mark exactly how I felt when I stepped on the scale this morning. I wasn't sure what to expect when I stepped on the scale, but I knew I felt better overall.

This week I felt that I really buckled down and paid attention to what I was consuming and what I was doing to burn extra calories.

The treadmill is something that I enjoy but it seems as if my workout was getting pretty mundane so I started to incorporate weight lifting into my regimen (even if only for 5 minutes). I have been looking to burn more calories on the treadmill by increasing the speed and incline which is beneficial because each day I am able to burn more calories and beat my time from the previous day.

Increasing the incline and speed allows my body to not get used to the same workout, I have to work harder and at the end of the workout, I feel better.

As I stated earlier, this week I have felt better overall and what I saw on the scale further emphasized that. This week I lost ....... 2.4 pounds. This weeks loss just pushes me to continue what I am doing, pick up more minutes on the treadmill, incorporate the elliptical and continue to lift weights.

Good luck to all of you on your weight loss journey, your weigh-ins and your workouts. See you in another post.


Total loss this week: 2.4 pounds
Total loss for the month: 4 pounds
Total loss since the start of this journey (January 2): 12.2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment