Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Out of the Rut

Yesterday, I announced that I was in a rut; technically I still am, but it is getting better. The reason I was in a rut was due to the fact that the 30DS was not inspiring to me at the moment. So I decided to alter that concept and make my own 30DS where I focused on doing the things that I love. So far I love going to the gym, although I cannot figure out how to hear the audio on the televisions even though I am using a FM tuner. While at the gym one of my favorite things is the treadmill and last week I started to incorporate my arms in the workout. So I spend time on the treadmill and then go downstairs and work on the weight machines.

I was in a rut because I find the same circuit routine boring, I also don't like to be told what to do. Now that may be a contradiction because I would prefer someone standing in front of me while at the gym telling me I need to do this for 15 minutes, then this for 10, and so on and so on. Actually that is a contradiction so I will clarify that, I don't like being told what to do when it comes from someone on the television screen.

I am slowly getting out of my rut and by the weekend I should be back to my old self, someone who loves to go to the gym. On the days when I don't make it to the gym, I do Zumba, and lately I have enjoyed "free-styling" my own moves.

Now you may (or may not) be wondering what I take with me when I go to the gym, but if I was reading this blog (instead of writing it) I would want to know what others bring with them (instead of the obvious, car keys, gym i.d., etc.). I bring:

  • Fitbit Zip (I am always wearing this no matter what day or where I am going)
  • Water bottle (either a Tervis Tumbler 24 oz bottle or a Gatorade 32 oz bottle)
  • Phone / Earphones (never know when there is an emergency, plus I thought downloading a FM tuner app would allow me to listen to the tv's but boy was I wrong)
  • Antibacterial wipes - I always have to wipe down my machines when I am done with it as well as the weight machines and free weights (after all, it is flu season)
  • Hand towel - the main purpose of me busting my butt at the gym is so I can work up a sweat and feel good, but when I get to sweating like crazy I have to have a towel to dab along my face and neck
These are my main staples that I always keep with me when I am going the gym (you may be wondering, after all that sweating why are there no shower items, that's because I come straight home after the gym) and I know I would be lost without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment