Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Random Gym Thoughts

I used to be the girl who was ashamed to go to the gym because I was the bigger girl and everyone was smaller than me. Not once did it occur to me that they may have been larger at one point and going to the gym helped them slim down. I have been making it to the gym at least twice a week for the past month and I have to say that for me, that is an accomplishment.

Since going to the gym, while watching what I eat, I have noticed a change in the way I treat my body and the way I view it. There are still times when I feel intimidated at the gym but in time that will go away. I have to start somewhere and start with making baby steps. My confidence level has gone up in the gym. I have gone from someone who didn't think I could do something to someone who wants to make the workout more challenging.

The point of this post is that when you try something new, you may be intimidated, but that level of intimidation will soon wear off as you become more confident in the activity that you are completing.

If you follow me on Twitter you have already seen this tweet, I felt it was appropriate to this blog post and I wanted to end with it.


Never let your thoughts keep you from doing something you want to do, explore new things if you want and you shall be rewarded in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment