Friday, February 15, 2013

Don't Panic

In a previous post I talked about using Lose It! while eating at restaurants, well it can also be beneficial when it comes to certain events (if you know the menu and how each dish was prepared ahead of time). I am blessed to have my maternal grandparents who both celebrated a birthday this year (my Grandma's birthday was February 8 and my Granddad's birthday was February 12). My Granddad hit a major milestone this year and we are having a "gathering" tomorrow in his honor (my family claims it is not a party, but a gathering --- in reality, it's a party).

Thankfully, I know the menu ahead of time and fortunately I know how each of my family members prepares their dishes, so logging in to my Lose It! account should be no problem. Unfortunately, if I didn't know this information ahead of time I would be in a serious panic mode. Sometimes I get in a panic mode when I am out to a restaurant and I cannot find the specific dish that I am looking for.

The more I look at it, there is no need to get in a panic. What is a panic going to solve? Absolutely nothing. Instead it allows me to cheat myself out of something I could have been eating and if I had eaten it I would have still been within my daily calories allocation.

What I am trying to convey in this post is that even when you are eating at events (parties, etc.) or at a restaurant that is not in the Lose It! database  don't stress. It is not healthy for you and when you stress you may actually be cheating yourself out of calories.

Instead, take a deep breath and relax; trust your judgement because by now (on this journey), your body knows what it needs and it won't let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment