Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Biggest Loser Workout Update

As you may (or may not know) I have been doing the Biggest Loser workout for 2 weeks (I took last week off) and although I once told myself that I was going to start the workout over, I decided to keep going with it because in order to be successful, I can't stop and go, I have to stay consistent. 

A couple things that I have noticed that have improved since doing this workout are my push-ups and lunges.  I could never do a "correct" push up. By correct my coaches always told us to stay level and go down, instead, I would raise and lower my shoulders while my butt stayed in the air (I became known for my new push-up). Lunges have always been a problem for me because my knees have been through so much, especially my right knee. I have fallen on it (from 5 or 6 feet in the air), fell on it walking up steps (I know, how do you fall walking up steps), taken softballs to the knee, etc. At this point, any overexerting of my knee beyond the ordinary equals pain.  Therefore, I try to take it easy when it comes to lunges and this workout has helped me slowly get back into lunges. Today I was able to do about 5 on each leg, which is a big accomplishment for me. 

Although I have only been doing this particular workout for 2 weeks, I have begun to see some major improvements on what I can do physically. At the beginning of the workout it seems the 30 minutes (how long weeks 1-2 last) will never get here but once I do get started, it seems as if the 30 minutes flew by. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun. That plus the fact that I upgraded to the Polar FT7 recently (review coming up soon), reminds me that I can accomplish my weight loss goals because I am being motivated more and more each day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment