Friday, May 17, 2013

Week In Review

This was a breakthrough week for me. I wasn't sure what to expect when I took a week off from exercising last week and watching what I ate, especially since I knew it was going to take me sometime to get back into my "normal" (or what had become my normal) routine.

I gave myself 4 goals this week, which meant I was at risk for not achieving 4 goals. My first goal was to keep desserts under control. Over the course of the past couple of weeks, my sweet tooth has been high control and I have been giving in to it because I knew if I didn't have a"small" dessert, I would overdo it in the long run. This week I told myself that I wasn't going to have dessert until my birthday and each day I had dessert, I told myself the same thing for the rest of the week. One of the things I realized is that having dessert isn't going to kill me, especially when I am having things that are either low in calorie or I have enough calories to spare. In my mind, saying that I am not going to eat something means more than saying I am going to eat it, but watch how many calories I am consuming. Looking at the calendar, even if I started my no sweets adventure tomorrow I would still be getting in enough days to see how much of a difference it makes. One thing I can say is that I will never truly give up sweets, I may only take a break from them every once in a while.

My second goal was to get more water into my system. I can say that this week was a pretty good week for my water consumption. I am not sure what it was about this week, but water has been my beverage of choice. I haven't had a diet Dr. Pepper all week, which I am proud of.

My third goals was getting in more exercise and I definitely did that this week. I was able to get back into my gym twice this week, which is always an amazing feeling. But an even more amazing feeling is being able to workout in general. I hate the pre-workout feeling, where I am dragging myself around; but once I get into my workout I feel like a beast and end up loving the post-workout feeling. I finished day 12 of the Biggest Loser workout today which means I will be moving on to the next level, weeks 3-4.

As far as keeping carbs at bay (my fourth goal), that was on the back burner this week. Every time I looked I was eating a ham biscuits and pasta salad and I am not ashamed to say that because it certainly was good. This week, I have consumed more carbs that I can remember, but I also worked harder in my workouts, so I am not so worried about it.

With that being said, I am not sure what my weigh in day will bring, especially since I didn't weigh myself last week, I have nothing to compare to. On one hand if I have lost weight then I will be happy, but if I have gained weight, I will attribute that to building up a little muscle. Either way, I feel very comfortable at this point in my journey because it seems as if everything is finally coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment