Tuesday, May 21, 2013

DIY Opportunity

With a hectic schedule, I have to either record things on my phone or write them down in an agenda (yes, call me old fashioned if you want). The same goes with workouts. Lately, I have had to take to Twitter to announce that I am working out so I can hold myself accountable to doing something.

I have often seen workout schedules posted everywhere from the internet to Instagram and I have decided to create my own. That way I can see what needs to be done and plan for it. Early morning workouts are beneficial for me because they really set the mood for the rest of my day but at this stage of trying to incorporate more workouts, I may have to double some days up (always allowing myself rest days).

I have a list of DIY items pertaining to fitness and working out that I can't wait to try (some of which I have already mentioned on this blog) so if I am able to create a workout calendar, that is one additional thing that I can use to my benefit and maybe it will inspire me to workout.

I always think that if I have something to do that takes up a greater portion of my day, I won't have time to do anything else. I have to change my way of thinking. If I have enough time to sit through a 2 hour lifetime movie, then I have more than enough time to get in a workout, that is what I have to constantly tell myself.

Essentially, I have to make time for what I want. I want to workout, so I have to make time to do just that. No excuses, no what if this or what if that, just settle down and do what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment