Monday, May 20, 2013

Dealing with Sweat

I do not like to sweat, but I do enjoy working out. Unfortunately for me, those two things go hand in hand. In one of the gyms I go to, their machines have built in fans. In the other gym (the one I frequent most often) that only have two ceiling fans so you know there is a ton of sweating going on. One of the best products I have found to handle some of that sweat has been Reebok Active-Dry Workout Towels. They are a microfiber towel which is designed to absorb moisture as soon as it hits the towel.

One of the things that I have noticed with this towel is that after a while (meaning, after a lot of sweating) they tend to get a little damp. So, on my days where it is strictly an hour or more of cardio and I am sweating like it's 1000 degrees outside, my towel does get a little damp. Maybe that is because the material isn't thick (although it is supposed to be absorbing), I have no idea why it doesn't absorb every drop of sweat but I don't expect it to.

Some may say if you dress lighter or in less layers, that can help. I disagree with that because no matter how many layers I have on, I know I am getting in a good workout with I start to sweat. You can imagine how relieved I was when one of my gyms (of course it is the one I frequent less often) has plenty of washcloths available for use (they do wash them by the load). Since my other gym doesn't offer anything like that, the Reebok towels (or washcloths from home) work well.

This is just one of the products that you can purchase or you can use something you already own, like a wash cloth or hand towel, both of which are inexpensive ways (if you have some to spare) of dealing with sweat; but it was a product I felt was worth mentioning here.

No comments:

Post a Comment