Thursday, May 30, 2013

Polar FT7 Final Thoughts

It has been awhile since I purchased (better yet, upgraded) to the Polar FT7 heart rate monitor and I have to say, I am not disappointed at all.

Having a heart rate monitor pushes me to do more in my workout. It pushes me to workout harder and it also pushes me to burn more calories. The Polar FT7 gives me duration with calories burned, fitness and fat burn minutes as well as maximum and average heart rate readings.

I haven't been to the gym in about 2 weeks, but when I was going the monitor was linking to the machines which was an added bonus. Working out at home with the monitor, using  DVDs, I am able to see what areas I am improving on and what areas still need to be worked on.

At this point in my journey, I am focusing more on calories burned and the calories I am allowed to eat as well as my body measurements versus what is on the scale. Doing that for the last couple of weeks has really left me feeling lighter and healthier.

If you want the basic HRM, calorie counter and display of time in zone, go for the FT4. If you want a step up (and trust me you won't be disappointed) go with the FT7.

Head over to Instagram and check out my workout results while using this monitor. Follow me while you are there so you don't miss any of my workout results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment