Thursday, May 2, 2013

Month in Review

Although yesterday was May 1, I didn't even pay attention to the date. I guess I was buried under all of that school work and didn't know what was going on in the world around me, let alone the date. The good in all of this, is that I took two of my hardest exams yet today and that means I no longer have to worry about them. Now, on to the purpose of this post.

Looking back at April, it started out ROUGH and I put that in all capitals for a reason, I gained 4.8 (yes you read correctly, a whopping 4.8) pounds. Now of course that gain came after a substantial loss so although I was pretty bummed at first, I stepped back and evaluated what I had or hadn't been doing. After all, that gain came after a substantial loss and I never have two of those in consecutive weeks.

In the end I came back from that and lost 3 pounds the following week, but gained 0.8 pounds the next week, which when I look at it (the average), it equals what I should have been losing in the first place.

Exercise wise, things really picked up at the end of the month. It was the first time I stayed on the ski climber (I think that is what I saw on the machine that I call the other elliptical) for an hour burning over 600 calories. That is also the same day I started the Biggest Loser workout. Although things got off to a rocky start at the beginning of the month, they picked up at the end of the month.

I am not sure how much "clean eating" I did over the course of the month but I never it was enough to help me drop those unwanted pounds.

Although April wasn't exactly the weight loss achievement month I wanted it to me, it was a month that I shouldn't complain about because it got me 30 steps closer to my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment