Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mom

Today I celebrate and honor the best mom in the world. I am blessed to have had all of these years with my mom, especially since there are people who have lost their mothers and don't have these opportunities. My mother has been one of my biggest supporters and biggest critics and I am thankful for that.

She has supported me when I didn't think I could succeed at something. She has always encouraged me to follow my dreams; even when I went from wanting to be a nurse to wanting to work as a liaison in law enforcement to wanting to work with the American Cancer Society.  When I think things are a good idea, and my mom doesn't, she isn't afraid to voice her opinion and although I may not like it (99% of the time I don't), I know in the end that she is looking out for my best interest, regardless of what happens.

There are plenty of times when I think I know everything and I am wrong about that. There have been plenty of times when I have caused her worry or concern,  but those times never prevented her from loving me. If anything, those are the times when her love was the strongest. No matter what, my mom has stood by my side through thick and thin and I am beyond thankful for that. At times when I don't have faith in myself, her faith doubles.

My mom has given me so much in life and without that love and patience, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't have any of the things that I have been blessed with if it wasn't for her. My mom would go to the ends of the earth to make sure I was taken care of (no matter how old I am) and I respect her more than words can ever express.

My mom has also been my biggest supporter on this weight loss journey. She doesn't know that I have started a weight loss blog (no one does for that matter) but she is one of the reasons that I started it. She has taught me the importance of standing on my own two feet and actually doing something that I want to do, something that inspires me and that is exactly what I am doing now. At times I can be stubborn on this weight loss journey but my mother has never given up hopes for my success. Instead, she continues to help me by cutting out calories when we can and working out with me when she can.

 I don't tell my mom how much I love her, but I do. I can't imagine life without my mother nor do I want to have to imagine that. I pray that one day I can be half the mother to my (future) daughter, that my mother is to me. I also pray that my daughter will see that she comes from a long line of women who can do anything they want. Above all, I pray for the day that I can see my mother hold my daughter in her arms and love her endlessly like she has done me.

No comments:

Post a Comment