Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Polar FT7 Review

I was skeptical when it came to purchasing my first heart rate monitor. I knew what I wanted, but I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to come off of close to $100. In the end, I did and I purchased the Polar FT4. I immediately fell in love. Not only were the machines at the gym giving me either too few or too many calories burned they couldn't give me the most accurate results like I wanted.

The Polar FT4 was definitely an investment but it was worth it to have your calories burned, heart rate, etc. all in one place. I loved my Polar FT4 so much that it got mixed in with some clothes and made its way into my washing machine. I thought it was the end of my exercise world. I left it alone for a day then tried it the following day and it was a little sketchy when it came to picking up, but it did work. In the end, I knew I had a warranty on it and I sent it back to be fixed or replaced.

In my case, I was sent a gift card to replace my product (or choose another product of my liking) and I decided to go with the Polar FT7. I stood in the middle of the school section in the store for what seemed like an hour trying to determine if I wanted the FT7 or FT4 again, and what color I wanted it in. I knew when I walked into the store that I wanted the FT7 so I don't know what took me so long to make my mind up.

I am so glad I upgraded to the FT7 because I knew that one day I would want it and it didn't make sense to purchase two heart rate monitors in two consecutive years. Some of the big differences that I have noticed between the FT4 and FT7 are basically the amount of information you are provided with.

The FT4 seems to be your basic model, calories burned, heart rate, zone, etc.; while the FT7 gives you calories burned, heart rate, time in fitness and fat burn zone, etc. Both models are great in their own ways. The FT4 was perfect for me until it hoped into my washing machine and the FT7 is just a step up from my previous model.

Either way, either model, I am happy because this is a great addition to any workout program, no matter where you are in your workout program. If you want a basic model with some great features, go with the FT4. If you want a step up from the FT4, go with the FT7. Either way, you won't be disappointed.

Head over to Instagram to see some photos of my workout results using the FT7. 

No comments:

Post a Comment