Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekly Goals

I am finally keeping my eye on the prize. Yes, it is taking me a little longer than I would have expected (or liked for that matter) to get back into working out but I am finally going back to the gym after a week off and  that is because my body is telling me I need to go. Either way, I have to set some new goals for myself to keep me focused.


  • Keep desserts under control - I don't know why, but I have been having this recurring thing for mint chocolate chip ice cream all last week, it's like I can't get enough of it. But, since my birthday is right around the corner, I am challenging myself to give up sweets until that day. 
  • Water, water, water - I need to drink water like I have been walking through the desert. Today I have managed to take down two bottles which is pretty good for someone like me.
  • Exercise - I need to get back in the swing of things and get back in the exercise game. I am moving slower on exercise than I would like, but I am getting there. After all, slow and steady wins the race.
  • Keep the carbs at bay - I did pretty good with this for a while, but with big event occurring over the past two weeks, I have been eating some things I told myself I wasn't going to eat. Instead of beating myself up about it, I realize my problem and I am addressing it.

These are my main goals that I want to focus on this week. Yes, they are very repetitive of goals that I have had in the past and they will continue to be repetitive until they become a habit and I no longer have to list them as goals (you would think that would be encouragement enough). The good thing is, I haven't given up on this journey and I still have my eye on the prize.

If you want to see how I am doing on this journey, follow me on Twitter and Instagram to see tweets and exercise results pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment