Saturday, May 25, 2013

Weigh In Day: Workout Calendar

Since I had another week of unexpected days off from working out, I knew I needed to take the time and make a workout schedule. I have postponed my actual stepping on the scale to next week because I wanted to highlight a non-scale victory I had last week (plus the fact that my workout schedule is now available under the 'workout schedule' tab).

For some reason, I have always worn my age in jeans. What does that mean? When I was 16, I was wearing a size 16. When I was 18, I was wearing a size 18 and so forth. The highest jean size I have ever been in is a size 20 (you guessed it, at the age of 20) but all of that changed recently (at least partially changed).

I tend to be a last minute dresser. What does that mean? I think of something I am going to wear, then when the day comes that I want to wear it I have either already worn it or it doesn't fit the way I want it to. That is exactly what happened to me last week.

I have a favorite pair of jeans. Ones that fit absolutely wonderful (I guess you could say that I have worn them out, but doesn't that make for a great pair of pants?). Unfortunately, this particular pair of pants has a rip in the back (while that may be the still for some, it wasn't for me). What makes it even more unfortunate is that I had somewhere to be where a rip in the back of my pants wouldn't have been appropriate. I tried on numerous pairs of pants and they didn't fit the way I wanted them to. My mom suggested I try another pair of pants I have from Old Navy and after I told her they wouldn't fit, I reluctantly tried them on.

The moment of true was fast approaching as I pulled them up and the fit!! Those jeans were a size 18 and I couldn't have been more happier to know that I could wear them. That is what inspired me to come home and continue with week two of the Biggest Loser workout (it was week two because I had already taken a week off, then this week makes the second week off which means I will be starting week three on Monday).

Non-scale victories have really pushed me on this journey, they have inspired me to keep going on this journey and that is one of the reasons why I created a workout calendar. Visually seeing what I have to do (yes have to, I am not giving myself too many options because when I have those I don't succeed as much as I would like to) lets me know that I am steadily working towards my goal. I think it's the fact that I am able to cross things off of the calendar that lets me know I am getting closer to what I have been working towards.

If you want to see what is on my workout schedule, head over to the workout schedule tab and click anywhere on the calendar to get a closer view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment