Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Not Enough Time

This movie seems to be the story of my life recently. Since the time change, it seems that there just aren't enough hours in the day to get things accomplished. I wake up, go to school, sit through (what seems like endless) classes, come home, eat, do homework and go to sleep. Not once did I mention exercising because I can't seem to find anywhere to fit that into my schedule.

Lately the exercise that I have been getting on days when I do have class, is from walking to and from class and walking up and down the stairs in the parking deck. Still, it's a form of exercise.

This week, tomorrow actually, I have an exam in what is shaping up to be one of the worst classes in my college career. Everyone I talk to feels the same way about the class, they don't know what is going on either or some say it is hard and you'll have to repeat it in another semester. I don't want to do that, I feel as if I have already handed my school money that didn't benefit me.

This has been my biggest source of stress this week, thinking about that exam. Since Monday, I have been studying until I have almost fallen asleep while looking at the material. I know that this is just a hiccup in my week. Come tomorrow at 9:30, I will be smooth sailing for the weekend because my exam will be over and a heavy (and unbearable) weight will have been lifted off of me. But it doesn't end there, I still have more exams in that class to take so I know the cycle will begin once again.

Today, I was so happy to tackle this machine today. When I got on, it seemed like all of my cares and concerns (also known as stressful situations) left my body in the form of sweat and I left the gym feeling renewed. Exercise really is the best way to beat stress.


For the rest of the day I am going to try and take it easy, a little studying followed by a break and then repeating the same process (studying then break, etc.). I will never understand how anyone can get so much work done in a day and still be renewed and refreshed when they wake up, but I can understand that my body is giving me signals that if I didn't over-analyze and get stressed over everything, I could get a lot more accomplished during the day than I am now.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your exam tomorrow! I hope your schedule calms down a bit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was brutal but finally over so I am thankful for that.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you--I've found that replacing eating when I'm stressed with exercise is great. A much more healthy alternative! Good luck on your exam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is a better alternative than eating junk food. Just glad the exam is finally over.

      Delete