Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Shop Til You Drop

I wish shopping would be considered an official sport, if so I know it would be the easiest way for me to burn calories. One thing that I have noticed is that days when I am out shopping, I am getting in more walking than I could imagine. All of those countless trips up and down aisles in Target or other stores, going from store to store in the mall, etc. really racks up some steps on my Fitbit Zip (which I love and literally panic when I can't find it because it has helped me so much on this journey).

It seems that the activities I least think about as forms of exercise are the ones that work me out the most. On days that I do spend out shopping I feel "lighter" because although I am not sweating at the gym, I am working out. All of that walking and lifting and pushing (baskets) counts for something, right?

The purpose of this post (I know it takes me forever to get to the purpose of my posts) is that although you may have some days where you feel that you are not working out because you are not sweating it out at the gym, you actually are. As long as you are moving, your body is working out, it just may not be in the way that you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment