Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekend Break

For the past week all I have wanted to do was go to one of my favorite restaurants, Longhorn Steakhouse, I finally made it there on Saturday. My mom has been my biggest supporter on this journey and this was a way for us to finish out my spring break week.

This was the first cheat day I have had this month, where all rules were thrown out of the window when it came to me watching what I was eating. The only "sensible" menu item I ordered were the salmon, baked potato, green beans and side salad. Everything else was pure cheating food (Texas Tonion and Chocolate Stampede).

Now you may be wondering how many calories are in some of these items, and lose it has an answer for that. The chocolate stampede alone brings in over 2000 calories, but the good thing about that is the fact that it is meant for 2 people and I was only able to eat a little less than half of my portion. I also only ate about 1/3 of the Texas Tonion (which of course is an appetizer and always big enough to share, which is exactly what I did).

Looking back, the only two items I consumed all of was the salad, salmon and half of the baked potato. The other half of the baked potato, green beans, Texas Tonion and Chocolate stampede came home with us. Although by some standards I did better than I thought I would, I know this week I will be making up for it. Getting in more exercising and truly watching what I am putting into my body.

Cheat days are okay when you only have them once in a while, not every weekend, so I know that this was my one cheat day of the month and for the rest of the month I will be focusing on eating right and staying on track.


4 comments:

  1. Cheat days are much needed sometimes! I try to make a point of being conscious of my cheat days so that I am aware they are not happening all the time! Sometimes stuff like that can get out of hand. Glad you enjoyed yourself though and ate some chocolate stampede for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely feel that as long as cheat days aren't occurring every weekend, it is easier to manage. A cheat day once of month won't hurt, its when it occurs too often that it starts to undermine the purpose of a weight loss journey.

      Delete
  2. I always find that cheat days or cheat meals end up helping my weight loss (as long as they're used very sparingly). I might see the scale go up initially, but then I usually end up losing more weight the week after a cheat meal. I think it shows my body that I'm not actually starving it. Also, I always drink a TON of water especially after a cheat meal. The biggest thing is not beating yourself up and moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheat days can definitely help, as long as they are in moderation. By having one cheat day every now and then, it helps you from overdoing it in the long run. Sometimes I find myself drinking tons of water just so I don't have a cheat meal.

    ReplyDelete