Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekly Goals

Earlier, I was thinking about what I should write about today (especially something that I haven;t already mentioned) and I decided what better way to kick off a week than with weekly goals. I thought of some things I want to accomplish this week and on Friday (when I usually do my week in review) I will have something to look back on and see what I did accomplish and what I didn't.

This week, I want to:

  • Lose at least 1 pound - last week I didn't lose anything, but after taking measurements I realized I have lost inches, talk about excited; but I do worry, have I reached the dreaded plateau?
  • Drink over 32 ounces of water a day - of course that is probably not even anywhere in the ballpark of the "recommended" water intake for me, but it is a start
  • Stay low carb - I feel that I have been doing pretty good, but I do need to make quite a few improvements
  • Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day for 4 days - today the extent of my exercise was walking to class and power walking up the steps in the parking deck at school, that counts for something, but is no where near my 30 minute goal
  • Get closer to my calorie budget - I know that may sound like I am moving backwards but I have found that I lose more weight when I am eating close to my calorie budget for the day (staying at least 200 - 300 calories under budget)
  • Smile more - because I have a loss of 14.2 pounds to be proud of and even if I have reached the dreaded plateau, switching up my routine should kick start my body back into the right direction
These are just some of things I hope to accomplish this week so it is definitely time to get my head back in the game because this week may prove to be my hardest yet on this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment