Friday, March 1, 2013

February Recap

Looking back on February really shows how time zooms by you, two months have already passed us by and for me, tomorrow marks my two month mark on this weight loss journey. Looking back on February there were things I started that I did not stick with (30 Day Shred) and things I started which took me some time to get adjusted to (letting go of carbs).

Where I am in the journey, 30DS just does not fit. With that being said, when I get to the point where it seems my regular gym routine is providing no results, I may switch up to 30DS to get my body out of the comfort zone that it may have fallen into (not sure if that makes sense).

This year I sat down and made plans for Lent and out of my 3 plans, I have only stuck to 2 of them; eating carbs in moderation and drinking more water. Lately I have been eating one or no carbs (after suffering my version of a carb overload) at meals. I love vegetables and incorporating more of them into my diet is a bonus for me, I am letting go of carbs and picking up more veggies. I have noticed that I am drinking more water, although it is taking me slightly longer to consume it. That's fine because no matter how long it takes to consume it at least I am getting it in.

My weigh-in days for February were on target according to LoseIt! (where my goal is to lose 2 pounds per week, which has been successful so for but I am still at the beginning). Dropping 5 pounds in a month is a definite accomplishment for me but I know this is just the beginning and harder days are coming. If I had to set a "mini" goal for March, it would be to drop 1.8 pounds; which puts me at a total of 15 pounds lost since the start of my journey. I don't want to settle for that "mini" goal, I want to bypass it and my larger goal is to drop another 5 pounds.

I have noticed some non-scale victories this month as well, my face isn't as full as it once was, some of my jeans are fitting looser and I don't get tired as easily as I once did when I first started this journey. I want to get in the gym earlier and stay longer (not sure how that is going to work out especially since today I discovered that I couldn't get 4 of the machines to work, then again that was probably operator error), I am also incorporating different routines into my workout. Using the ab crunch machine, lifting weights when I get bored on the treadmill, etc. Switching up my routine has definitely helped me on this journey.

February turned out to be better than I thought it was going to be, which means I am going into my goal for March with a clear mind and determination. As February moves on and March moves in, thank you for following me on this journey. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment