Friday, March 22, 2013

Week In Review

Another week has come and gone and I can definitely say it was pretty stressful. The silver lining in all of this, the week is over and I made some great progress in the gym while taking out all of my stress.

Looking back on my weekly goals, I accomplished 4 out of the 6 so far.

This week it was really tough for me to smile with all my stress, but for some reason when I got into the gym I smiled because I knew that was the best place for me to be, the best place to take my frustrations out versus falling back on my progress and eating junk food.

I was able to exercise for nearly 30 minutes each day, today I put in 45 minutes on the elliptical alone which I am very proud of. I noticed that with walking to and from classes I am exercising for nearly 20 minutes while at school. Those trips back and forth don't seem like much but they really add up.

I have gotten closer to my calorie budget each day, which is a big thing for me when it comes to my weekly weigh-ins. On weeks where I ate closer to my budget, I lose more weight, versus weeks where I don't and I gain back ounce.

I also managed to stay low carb, having one or no carbs at each meals. This has helped me so much so far because I am able to incorporate more vegetables into my meals and with summer right around the corner it will be easier than ever to incorporate fresh vegetables in my meals.

Unfortunately, I feel short of my goal of drinking 32 ounces of water or more in a day, so that will be another goal of mine until I accomplish it. I also have no idea if I lost at least 1 pound because weigh-in day hasn't arrived and even when it gets here I am thinking about amending my weigh-in days to focus more on non-scale victories this month before getting back to focusing on my numbers.

As this week comes to a close, I am proud of the goals that I have accomplished and ready to tackle the goals that I have left to accomplish.

2 comments:

  1. Smiling can make all the difference! Glad you were able to smile even though stress was crazy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely felt good to smile after a long week.

      Delete