Thursday, April 25, 2013

15 Pounds Down, Now What?

For some reason, I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that since January 2, I have shed 15 pounds. Am I proud of that number? Most definitely! But, I do know that number is small compared to my target goal of 65 pounds.

Although it is small, it is still a stepping stone that gets me that much closer to my goal. When I look in the mirror, I still see the same person but my mind sees a person who is making a change for the better. This will be a long and hard process but it is one that I am ready for, one that I want and one that I will achieve.

I still cannot believe I have shed 15 pounds but the fact that my clothes are fitting better is a big indicator of something working. I will always think of myself as being plus size, no matter what size I am. It is harder to shed the person you are used to being but it is possible to gain the person that you desire to be.

I desire to be healthy and if shedding these first 15 pounds is any indicator of whats to come, then I am on track for being healthy. It's not just a number on the scale for me, it is how I feel overall and it is my non-scale victories as well.

I have a long way to go but looking at where I have come from (at my highest weight ever) there is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed on this journey.

So, back to my question '15 pounds down, now what?', now I have to step up my game. Increasing my time in the gym pushes me to burn more calories and set more goals. I have to focus on healthy eating, no matter how many times I say that is what I am going to do, I continue to eat foods that are not healthy. But that is okay, because I am slowly getting them out of my system and before long I will not want them at all.

I will never neglect myself anything that I want. If I want a diet soda, I will have one. If I want a cheeseburger I will have one, etc. In order for me to be successful, I can't deny myself anything, if I deny myself then I will overdo it in the end.

In order to change my body, I have to change my mind. It takes baby steps and I am moving at the pace of a turtle, but slow and steady wins the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment